Marshall E Gass
- Whispers in a Thunderstorm, Poetry Volume I, By Marshall E Gass (Published June 10, 2014)
- Marshall Gass is the ultimate student. There isn’t anything that he doesn’t want to know. He has two Master’s degrees and has nearly completed a PhD.. What does such a man think about in his free time? The answer is in this book. He thinks about everything under the sun, and some things over the sun.. Come inside and let him jumpstart your mind. It doesn’t hurt a bit, and learning is almost always fun. Also see his first novel in the Chrysanthemum Trilogy: part 1: Transition, available on Amazon.com and his second book of poetry, Chiaroscuro: Lights and Shadows, Marshall E Gass Poetry Volume II.
Chiaroscuro: Lights and Shadows; Poetry Volume II, By Marshall E Gass (Published August 10, 2014)
- Chiaroscuro is a book of collected poetry about Revolutions and Evolutions of Politics, War, Communities, Nature and Conscience. Chiaroscuro in modern art is the creative use of strong contrasts between light and dark, usually bold contrasts affecting a whole composition.
- Marshall E Gass uses the term in this context to describe the technique of using contrasts in poetic devices and subject matter to create multi-dimensional poetry. Accept the invitation to see poetry as literature, philosophical essay, and art, in the tradition of Henry David Thoreau, T. S. Eliot, and W. S. Burroughs, yet fully cognizant of, and fluent in, the complexity of the lightning fast information age.
Tequila & Temptation, Marshall E Gass, Poetry Volume 4 (Published August 21, 2014)
- Tequila and Temptation is the fourth volume of poetry from the pen of Marshall E Gass. This collection contains more personal, introspective writings than the first three, while maintaining the elevated standards of contemplation and linguistics which are the essence of Marshall's writings. In his own words:
- "These poems take me back to a time when I was molting, shedding my skin and growing a thicker layer of fat to overcome the brutality of being young and foolish. These poems jump across many boundaries and climb many new fences. They speak from the heart. They are testament to a time and place where I have been and what I have done and how I have done it."
- Velvet Voice & Vice, Poetry Volume 5, Marshall E Gass (Published July 14, 2015)
- The 5th volume of Poetry clearly expresses the interest Marshall takes in publishing poems. Often the crossover from Prose into Poetry is quite obvious (Prosetry). In between the task of editing the 2nd and 3rd part of his Novels: The Chrysanthemum Trilogy, he finds much pleasure in dabbling in poetry of all formats and genres. The first volume: Whispers in a Thunderstorm pulled together a collection of poems that were written over a 5 decade period. The 2nd Volume Chiaroscuro emphasized a rejuvenation of poetic skills and concepts. The 3rd volume: Continents on Fire focused on the unrelenting social and political global scene.
- The 4th volume: Tequila & Temptation played on themes of adulthood, parenthood and finally this 5th volume: Velvet Voice & Vice deals with the theme of relationships, love and laughter and new friendships. The different stages of growth are apparent in these five published volumes. Enlist as a fan and enjoy this journey into poetry landscape with all its beauty and splendour, bask in the sunshine of these exquisite verses and use hundreds of ideas and concepts in your work. Readers on the online websites, where these poems are regularly published, have commented on Marshall’s creative energies and the multi-dimensional quality of his prose and poetry.